We Spend Too Much Money! | Teen Ink

We Spend Too Much Money!

By ilima.eleneki BRONZE, HI, Hawaii
ilima.eleneki BRONZE, HI, Hawaii

Im falling apart.
Im barley breathing,
WIith a broken heart thats still beating

Do you ever spend money on things you don’t need? T.V advertisements inspire teenagers to buy thing that they don’t need.  As a result, teens feel pressured to spend money on things that they want (not things they need). Teens lose more money buying things, like more clothes and more phone cases etc. that they want  and not what they need. Teens should buy things that they need and not what they want.

The advertising industry knows that the teenage consumer market is easily influenced. Advertisers target teenagers like Nike,volcom,quiksilver,vans and converse etc. There are a lot of advertisements  that just encourage teens to buy more and more things that they want. They usually buy things that they think are cool or maybe make them cool. Teens maybe want it to become more popular and let everyone use these things. Teens sometimes want things that nobody has, so there not alike.

Teens spend too much money on things that they want and not what they need.The advertisement on t.vs,magazines etc. encourage people to buy things that they can make money off of and things people don’t need.We buy things that we really want or like things we know we can’t have in the future.Sometimes when we go into stores we look for things we need, but actually come out with things that just look interesting.So many things that are advertised they are tempting to buy.

Teens should buy things that they need and not what they want. So for that reason we would have more money to spend later on in the future to buy what we want. I would spend my money on things I would need then later on things I want. So buy things that you need not what you want. To save more money for the future.