Success Is a Virtue, Failure is not an Option? | Teen Ink

Success Is a Virtue, Failure is not an Option?

By magnificent- BRONZE, London, Other
magnificent- BRONZE, London, Other

"Be yourself because everyone is taken, be comfortable and breathe and choose what suits you'

What is defined as success? Success is the the accomplishment of an aim or purpose. But what does success actually mean in your own perspective and how does the feeling of success and accomplishment makes you feel? In this world and society we live in now, success is everyone's dream's of wanting to do well and impressing that one person but what's success if it means nothing to you? 

The word 'success' is used in many context but has been overly used in the sense that those who want to achieve their goals are doing so as if they are in a competiton. A competition where everyone wants to accomplish something so that they can show off to their friends and family, to show everyone that their better than them and to impress them. But in my own personal opinion, success is everything to me. You'd have to go through some sort of hardship or realisation in order to understand the full meaning and potential of that word. How do we go a day in school and college without a thought of being "successful". When asked "what do you want to do or be when you're older". Simple answer would be "to be successful" and why? "to make money" "to live life to its full potential".

I can't stress enough how much i want to be successful and how much i want to do well for MYSELF. My parents and family have inspired me to want to do well but how can i do well if i myself is not happy? Everyone has parents who wants them to do a specific occupation and job, like mine. If you think about it, your mind automatically accepts that propersition and work towards that goal.

"Success is a virtue, failure is not an option" The phrase that spins around your head every single day, driving your determination to its fullest until one day you've become drained and broken down. The thing about working hard is that you become so oblivious to everything around you and that you forget what life actually is. Being successful can make you happy if you actually want to achieve it for yourself and it gives you that feeling of relief, no doubt about that but wasting your whole life to be successful for somebody else is not worth it. No time or effort should be wasted on something you're not happy about and "failure is not a an option" shouldn't even exist. Failure is good. It brings you down but pushes you back up with even more motivation and determination. Life should not be perfect. We were not born into this world to impress others but to endure everything that comes towards us, learning from experiences and controlling emotions that suit us. 

Don't lock yourself away from the world and isolate those who are important to you because you're too busy impressing others. Too much time and effort is wasted in doing so. Wanting to be successful in a way that suits you and your own ideas is the way forward. If you want to make your parents proud, then that is perfectly fine, but make sure your happy too otherwise, in all honesty, it will be hard to recover from the bumps and cracks in your journey to success because life is hard as it is and being unhappy doesn't help it.

"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally."

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

I wrote this piece because it was something very important to me. Going through a lot of hardships in life, i've decided to put everything i needed to say in this short piece.