Why I Am Proud to be an American | Teen Ink

Why I Am Proud to be an American

By vanwed94 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
vanwed94 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin

You can not say American food without thinking of the most quintessential elements of American dining:  The All-You-Can-Eat Buffet.  I believe a Buffet sports Americas best qualities, our abundance of food and cultural diversity.
Walking into a buffet, I instantly get the feeling of being at home.  The scents of different foods fill my nose giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling shared only between buffets and homemade cooking. Price isn’t placed on a single item; instead I just sit down and eat.  I choose where I want to sit, because there are no restricted areas. Finally, I can eat until I am 100 percent satisfied.  I love America, where starving because we cannot find food is impossible.  Where food can be displayed in a buffet as a list of options that you can pick and choose from.

The thing that makes a buffet American is not just the feeling of homeliness, but also the variety of food.  Only in America can an all American burger sit next to Lo Mein from China, YakiTori chicken from Japan, with a make your own Gyro station off to the side.  In America, its easy to see cultures from all over the word mix together to form a beautiful mosaic of people.  In a buffet, this mosaic of cultural diversity is sitting on one plate. 

I am proud to be an American where something as simple as a restaurant can summarize the diversity and acceptance of an entire nation.  America accepts everything and everyone.  And America is always looking for more people to stop by, take a seat, and stay for dinner.