A Year From Now | Teen Ink

A Year From Now

By tiffaani4 SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
tiffaani4 SILVER, Littleton, Colorado

A year from now, that's sophmore year. I'll change, everything changes. That's what high school is about. Honestly, social groups get stricter, both guys and girls become smarter. Manipulation, neglection, so many variables to who you end up being. These changes aren't jurrastic, aren't minor, but they are normal. A typical kid, has the grade point average of a B or C, one consitant group of friends, and is involved in some sort of extra-cirricular activity. There are to many choices now of days, too much freedom given to these kids about to move into the working class. We mess up, it's life. We have joy and regrets, it's human. We love and we live, that's charachter. Regardless of the life you live, there is still a part of you like everyone else. No pity, or shame. No love, or hate. No trust, or honesty. This is the time of our lives that everyone goes through, gets lost, recovers, and then you're on your own, everyone has a story. No matter the fact of social or interpersonal issues. The people you surround yourself with is a huge variable on who you are to be in the future. Every relationship leads to something new, there either in your life as a blessing or they're there to teach you a lesson. Of course like any other person I thoroughly enjoy the gift side of the equation but it has to balance out, which makes everything unpredictable. A year from now is a question I will never have an answer for. Just remember its the lifestyle you live that will determine how you succeed and what you will pursue in the future. "Life is a succession of moments, to live each one is to succeed." -Corita Kent

This article provides the ideal characteristics of high school, and why you shouldn't be worried to mess up, because everyone has their own struggles and issues they face. To add on, it shows how important it is to succeed.