The Hobbit Movie Trilogy | Teen Ink

The Hobbit Movie Trilogy

By Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other
Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other

"She loved mysteries so much, she became one." Paper Towns by John Green

Back in 2012, Peter Jackson once again stunned the world with the amazing mystical world of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. The Lord of the Rings movie director brought alive J. R. R. Tolkien's story to life again and this time, turning it into three sequels and turning it into a major success movie franchise as it tells of the story where a Hobbit named Bilbo Baggins was given a quest of assisting the remaining dwarves of Erabor to regain their honour.

Shortly followed up in 2013, the second Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug was released and it does not disappoint as the dwarves and Bilbo Baggins arrives in Erabor and encounters the feisty dragon, Smaug. The high anticipated last installment of the Hobbit trilogy, The Battle of the Five Armies will be released later on at the end of the year and it has been making all fans around the world sitting at the edge of their seats.

Even though it has reveived mixed responses from the critics, putting aside the amazing CGI effects and all, some are saying that splitting the story into three parts was rather unnecessary as it was based on a single book.

But personally for me, I'm pretty much a sucker for any fiction movie that has amazing effects and memorable characters. I just love how it was such a different world from The Lord of The Rings even though it is from the same universe, it is more humorous and the storyline is pure adventure from the beggining to end and it is definitelly a movie that the whole family can enjoy and I know i'm gonna be one of those people who are itching to see the last installment on the release date when it's out.