Gaming/Career Advice | Teen Ink

Gaming/Career Advice

By Zekrom3D BRONZE, Auburn,NY, New York
Zekrom3D BRONZE, Auburn,NY, New York

There is a time for everything. Its never too late.

Have you ever learn something from playing games? Sure you have. Everybody does. Say you’re playing a survival game, like Call Of Duty Black Ops Two. When you watch carefully you can learn how to load various guns, or where to shoot a person. Whenever they decide to make a modern Assassins’ Creed game you can learn how to be an assassin. Or maybe The Legend Of Zelda is more to your liking? Playing this game will teach you the art of swordplay and how to handle it along with a shield. Of course you’ll need to train somewhere isolated where no one will see you, or you can apply for the U.S. army.

As I mentioned before if you play a lot of survival games and if you watch the game carefully, you can improve your combat skills, as well as learning how to kill, handling a gun and reloading it. When playing Black Ops Two I’d recommend playing Zombie Mode first, just to get the hang of the game first. When you are ready play Campaign Mode. During Campaign you play missions with certain objectives to reach. Missions vary two times, between 1970 and 2026 for example. The ultimate goal of Campaign is to capture a man named Raul Menendez and either lock him up or kill him.

Assassins Creed can teach you the career path of being an Assassin. In the game you play as an assassin who must kill certain people and complete specific objectives, without getting caught or killed of course. In the situation where you get caught you must run from the authorities and hide. If you get killed, it’s game over and you have to try again. To get away you can jump off buildings and into carts full of hay and other things that will soften your landing. The authorities will chase you until they lose you or kill you. You can buy time by killing the people chasing you and running. I, personally, have never played this game but rather I watched people play it. The game looks somewhat fun to play, if you like that sort of thing that is.

In The Legend of Zelda game series you must fight though dungeons, temples, fight bosses, solve puzzles and mysteries, help citizens, and save the ruler, Princess Zelda. In order to do this you need various items you acquire throughout the game. Those items are things like a Bow and Arrows, Bombs, a Slingshot, a Shield and Sword, and a Boomerang. At the beginning of the game you have a basic sword and shield, but you get better shields as the game progresses. As for the sword you have the same sword until you reach the point in the game where you get the Master Sword, also known as (and I quote) “ The Blade of Evils’ Bane”. You use your arsenal to fight the last boss, save the princess, and beat the game.

As you can see there are many games to play. In Call of Duty you are a soldier, in Assassins Creed you are an Assassin, and in The Legend of Zelda you are a warrior destined for greatness. There are many games to play and many, many more to be made. There may be a day in the history of gaming where you put yourself in a simulation. And a VERY real simulation at that. SO many things are possible with games. They are a way to escape reality, relive stress, and other things. For a little while at least…for now anyways.