The Acceptance of Change | Teen Ink

The Acceptance of Change

July 14, 2014
By Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other
Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She loved mysteries so much, she became one." Paper Towns by John Green


There is a very well-known saying that if you do not change, you are not truly living. In life, we can never predict what might happen in the future, even if we do our planning of what we want to achieve in the future, the future is a great mystery that I wish it is a secret that would be easily to unravel.

Sometimes change is good and sometimes change is like a fortunate accident. I like change. From the way that I look to the interior arrangements in my room, i'm always constantly changing the outer appearance.

But it's challenging (because I refuse to say it's hard) to carry on life with people that are reluctant to change. Growing up is about the acceptance of change and the development of who you are. Through out this year, I have changed a lot. Perhaps so much more than I thought I would.

From the way that I think, the way that I talk, the way that I behave, the way that I look and the relationships I had with people, it has changed so much. But I am happy and proud of myself, for I have overcome so many of my fears in the past, even though I still have fears that sometimes still burdens me, I want to have the courage to face it and I believe I will be brave.

It just saddens me sometimes how people seem to take it in not so smoothly, which sometimes it's just making life so much more tricky and yes I do get upset about it at times.

But regardless of the negative people in my life, I will never ever stop believing that I will always meet good people in life and that I will encounter those that I find things in common with.

I just have to stay positive, smile through this storm and have faith in me and God will help me throughout my journey.


The author's comments:
To whoever reads this article of mine, PLEASE DO NOT FEAR OF CHANGE. Things will get better and you will meet more new people that will respect you just the way you are.