Why are people shaming girls who wear inappropriate clothes | Teen Ink

Why are people shaming girls who wear inappropriate clothes

By isislove BRONZE, Bronx, New York
isislove BRONZE, Bronx, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

YOLO live your life to the fullest but live it the right way :)

In a middle school in New Jersey, they banned girls from wearing dresses that were strapless, and then said they couldn’t wear them because it was too much of a distraction to the boys in their school. To be honest it’s not our fault if the boys find us females attractive because of what we wear; that’s their decision if they find it cute or what not because regardless of what we wear, there is always going be that boy that is distracted by it no matter what.
People always shame girls because of what they wear, but girls get their outfits because they’re cute; they don’t think about the possible outcome it might bring, so it’s not their fault it’s the fault of the people who put it on the racks of clothing stores everywhere including the kids section.

The consequences of young girls wearing inappropriate clothing(Inappropriate: not suitable or proper)

The attention it brings onto young girls, inappropriate clothing can make men look at them more than usual because it reminds them of how naïve, innocent, and fresh they are. Also, guys that find girls attracting like control and power and they remind themselves that they could be able to live out their fantasy because women know what they want, and if it’s a young girl then they won’t have much of a choice, but to do what the guy wants. There is a ton of results that might occur if a girl wears inappropriate clothing which won’t end in a positive way.

The statistics

In America today, 9-10 kids have internet and 75% have the internet in their homes. This is not necessarily a good thing because, on the internet, these girls are on Facebook and Instagram and on these typical sights they have people in inappropriate clothing0 posting up their pictures to get likes on their outfit. A good amount of the girls that see it, then look for the outfit in the store because they think it’s cute.

Situations
Recently there was an incident about some pictures the girls from the cast of Glee took for the magazine called GQ. This was a controversial problem about the look it brings on the characters in the show; the show Glee takes place in a high school setting and young girls like to watch that show. So when the main characters took pictures for that magazine, and they wear appealing to the men that read those magazines. Also, some of the outfits they wore were inappropriate and if a young girl would’ve saw the pictures they would think it’s cute and wear the same thing: if they really like the cast of Glee, they would follow.

The reason why some girls might wear inappropriate clothes

Girls might wear inappropriate clothing because it’s cute, but to be honest we all know that’s not the only reason. Girls get inappropriate clothing because the media influences the young girls. People on T.V., on magazines, and on the internet make inappropriate clothing (which means for example a skirt that is 3 inches above the knee and shirts that are transparent)clothing seem cute and hip. The majority of the teen and kids are surrounded by provocative articles of clothing, so since kids and young teens see this, they start to think this is normal, then they start to wear it as well. Today in teen magazines, they show celebrities and regular people wearing inappropriate clothing, and it makes girls think it makes them look attractive.

Girls always get shamed but it’s not their fault. Everywhere girls go, there are inappropriate outfits and people modeling inappropriate outfits in stores young girls shop at. So stop shaming girls because they just get these outfits because they are cute, not because it’s inappropriate. They don’t understand how it affects them or how it might look on them. So if there is such a problem with what the girls are wearing then why is it being put in kids sections in clothing stores everywhere?
They have it for babies too.

What gave me the idea to write this article was a article I was reading about how a girl in a middle school in New Jersey was slut shamed because her prom dressed distracted the boys in her school.

cherry123 said...
i loved your article it was outstanding  

isislove BRONZE, Bronx, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Thank you so much.

Jackies63 SILVER, Sandy Hook, Connecticut

"Start where you are. Use what you can. Do what you can"
-Arthur Ashe

An amazing article, I'm sure every teenage girl would agree with your great points