Technology | Teen Ink

Technology

May 2, 2013
By lucybran GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
lucybran GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

In elementary school, I grew up with big clunky computers available to me. They had small monitors, fuzzy screens, and dial-up. Everything took ages to load. There was one computer lab in the whole school that everyone shared. The computers had little programs available for use. Now, students and faculty have access to laptops and computers at any time. The computers are state of the art and load the internet quickly. They have dozens of programs. As years go by, the screens get larger and the computers get smaller. New programs are created daily. The images on computers became crisper, and more vivid. Elaborate games are now widely used. Games were once simple with no special effects. Over time, game creators began experimenting with new ways to improve gaming. There are now special effects and these games seem like real life.
Floppy discs turned into jump drives. Cameras were attached to the monitors. And all these advancements in technology have helped people learn and grow. Computers are such a large part of our lives. They are in every school, office building, bank, and libraries. Computers allow us to distribute information and share knowledge. They can also be used to learn to read and write. Now, even elementary schools are using computers to show children how to make graphs, write papers, and learn basic skills. Computer skills are necessary for almost every job. Computers have impacted our lives significantly, and we need to embrace the changes in order to make our lives easier. Computers are going to continue to develop and have complex programs for all types of people and professions. We should only use computers and technology in ways that benefits our learning.