Annoying Song Rant

Ever had that one annoying song stuck in your head? I have. I think we've all been there. It's the one you hate, or used to like but have grown to hate because of how many times your brain replays it. You know all the words, and it seriously drives you insane when you can remember the lyrics to it, but you can't remember a song you actually like, or say, what you read last night out of your AP Bio textbook when you were studying. And because you can't remember what you studied, you sit there blanking out on your test the next day, humming the most annoying song in the world, and then becoming disgusted with yourself when you realize it, and you think, "For Equestria's sake, Princess Trollestia, stop being such a troll!". Doesn't it suck? For me, it's "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. Seriously, probably the most ridiculous song in the world. Only an idiot gives their number to a guy they just met. I bet a lot of people agree, but maybe not about this song. After that, it’s “What Makes You Beautiful” (which, if read in a creepy pedophile voice, sounds extremely hilarious, try it sometime). But, hey, it's just my opinion! Anyway, like this article if you also have annoying songs in your head, and comment, so I can see what songs other people find annoying. But if you say "Gangnam Style" by PSY... well, y'know, I wouldn't agree, but, hey, it's your opinion. :D And also share your methods of trying to get it out of your head. My method? Eagerly anticipating the next new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode on the Hub. ;D (yup, I be a pegasister). Hooray for SEASON 3!!!

ElsaM said...
Sept. 15, 2013 at 2:06 am
Ha ha, so I'm not the only one. GS is really overrated. Westerners just like it because of the horse dance, catchy tune, and pudgy Psy. People in Asia and overseas like it for similar reasons, also because it is just popular in their countries. There is a satirical hidden meaning in the song, which is basically criticizing the lives of the rich in Seoul, SK.    I knew about Kpop before America did, but with all this Psy-hype and the repetitive-ness of the songs, I feel like I&#... (more »)

ElsaM replied...
Sept. 15, 2013 at 2:08 am
Ok, sorry for that long mini-rant of mine.... ha ha. I meant to add, I don't hate it, but it annoys me. (Sorry if I offended you)    I tend to just live my life with a stupid song stuck in my head.... LOL. But sometimes I try listening to more fulfilling songs...

BabblingPollyPolliwog replied...
Oh, it's cool, I understand, I wrote this when GS had just become popular-ish

FreeCheese7653 said...
OMG, this rant is s funny! but now I've got "Call Me Maybe" stuck in my head :P oh well.

CheeseNinja26 said...
This is really funny, i can totally relate, and i know the feeling.

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I sing the ABC song to get things unstuck from my head. It generally works, with the disadvantage that now the ABC song will be stuck in your head. But I'd take that over "Call Me Maybe"

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
BTW, I really enjoyed reading this, it was very well written!

BabblingPollyPolliwog replied...
The ABC song? interesting. I'll have to try that. thanks for the compliment