War for the Lovers of Ponies

These days on the internet, there is a battle going on. Some don’t see it, some fight for it. This epic and raging war is between two groups of people:
Bronies and Pegasisters against haters.
If you don’t know what a brony or pegasister is, it is someone who enjoys watching the show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. They are generally from their teens to adulthood. This love for a show is controversial, but I want to give some light from a pegasister or bronies point of view.
We love the show. Simple, right? Not quite. We do love the show, but we love the characters more. Each character is relatable to in some way, and in some we even see ourselves. We also dream of the land the characters frolic in. Equestria built on love, not hate. Where smiles are the only drug, and where everyone are friends. It seems so bright and happy; we can’t help but want to live there.
But the best part are the lessons it teaches us; Love, tolerance, friendship, and happiness. We love the innocence it has, how it makes you smile every time a pony smiles, and laugh with them.
Now the haters say the show was made for kids, and we are sick “pedophiles and stupid children” for liking it. They might say we are “gay” for watching a girls show.
But something they don’t know is the sense of community and family you get when you watch the show. On a website called Reddit, they have a My Little Pony section, dedicated to all things show related. People post art they have done, songs they have wrote, and get positive feedback back. It is a family, and a friendship. In the fandom we have so many creative and smart people, always making art and music for the show. Some of my favorites are “A long way from Equestria” done by Mandopony, and “Smile, Smile, Smile” remix done by the Living Tombstone. They make us smile and we genuinely love the show.
So why can’t we all get along? All bronies and pegasisters are taught love and tolerance from the characters, so I can almost guarantee that if the haters stop telling us we are wrong, most of us will calm down. I can’t say all will, but I know at least 75% of us would.
So I beg you, before you hate on someone for being a fan of the show, hear what they have to say.
I am a pegasister. I am proud. I will not a stop watching the show because society doesn’t want me to. I dream of a world like Equestria, where peace and love and more importantly, tolerance, are given to all in it.
Let’s start here.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

KinnersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:24 pm:
I could not have written bette words on the topic. You deserve a brohoof, madam! /)