A Tattooed Youth | Teen Ink

A Tattooed Youth

November 3, 2011
By jones.e BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
jones.e BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Just imagine your parents covered in tattoos. Pretty weird. But it is what our generation might look like in the future. Over 20% of people in the United States have tattoos and that number is growing. But, why are people getting them? Many people in today’s society have tattoos because of social acceptance, they are permanently meaningful, and to bestow confidence.
Many people have tattoos because of social acceptance. Among the youth of America, tattoos have become common and people are much more open-minded and accepting of it. Tattoos don’t have the same meaning as they used to. More people have them, and tattoos don’t label people as scary anymore.
Many people today now have tattoos because they are permanently meaningful. People may get tattoos to honor loved ones who are living or who may be deceased. It is a permanent tribute they carry around always. Some get religious symbols or figures on themselves to honor a person (or god). A lot of veterans and active service military people have tattoos; they honor their service and tell what or who they were.
Many in today’s society have tattoos to bestow confidence. People with tattoos think that they are beautiful and, in turn, will make the person more beautiful. Others are
always fascinated by tattoos, and that could be a huge confidence boost for a person. And, a tattoo doesn’t change the character of a person, it is only an external change.
So people all over the United States have tattoos for many different reasons. Three big ones are because of social acceptance, they are permanently meaningful, and to bestow confidence.