Back in Time | Teen Ink

Back in Time

July 21, 2011
By Mophar BRONZE, Somerville, Ohio
Mophar BRONZE, Somerville, Ohio
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Breathe


Is it just me or are we going backwards in fashion. Skinny jeans are claimed to have been created in our generation but this is not so. Back in either the 70s or 80s it would seem there was a similar type of jeans. So similar in fact that one might say they were IDENTCAL in make and design. The same goes for the "Retro" designs we now have. It comes to mind that at some point some of theis designs may have been called GROOVY. Now I would like to state that I am not saying theis things because I dislike the fashion because I don't. I just believe that credit should be given where it is needed. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen. That which inspires is retired once it is in the public eye. No one cares where these designs came from only that they keep coming from someone that is taking total credit for it. If you design something based on someone else's work then you should give them credit as well.


The author's comments:
What inspired me to write this peice was the fact that it seems modern day fasion in the average community seems to be going back to the 70's and everyone keeps saying its original when it isnt.