Add a Tie | Teen Ink

Add a Tie

By soccersonic24 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
soccersonic24 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dear Ms. Blanca Farber:

For the past four years I have been attending high school dances. I look forward to them and have brought a date to ten dances. The dates I go with, nine times out of ten, have dresses from Windsor. I feel my dates are the best-dressed at these events, looking magnificent in their Windsor dresses. However, Windsor could reach out to both guys and girls.

When it comes to dances and clothing, girls get their way. If a girl wants a peacock-blue homecoming dress with little black frills, that is what she gets. The challenge for me is how to match her so that we look together. This puts pressure on the guy who wants to do his best to please the girl. When I was going to my sophomore homecoming, I had to try to match this peacock-blue. It was a challenge I don’t want to embark on again. Every store I went to, I had to search for her dress color. I needed a picture of it to compare so she had to send me a picture message of it. I was in the store with my phone trying to find this color I believe doesn’t exist in the form of a tie. What I would like to suggest is that when deciding on dresses, you provide ties from the same fabric. This way you would be able to reach out to the guys and make their lives less stressful. Girls would probably buy them too.

Currently, Windsor sells clothing to women. This is only half of the market that could be reached. If this change was made, you and the company could make more money while further solidifying your mission to make women happier. If the men who go with these women are less stressed finding a tie and match their dates, then the women will be happier.

Thank you for your time. I hope you will consider making this change to benefit both you and the customers.