To Buy Or Not To Buy Is My Question.

Think about the last pair of shoes you bought? Did you have to practically mortgage your house for them or were they fairly cheap? Cheap enough, that all you had to do was put your hand down the back of the sofa and pull out a few bits of copper?
Now, you’re probably scratching your head about what the heck I am writing about. You may even be moving your mouse up to that read X at the top of the screen. I dare you. Your not doing it are you? That is because you want to read about what I have to say about shoes.
Don't get me wrong. I find it very rare that I will sit down and write an article against shoes. Shoes! The miracles that you put on your feet to create the illusion you are an angel. That is what shoes make you do. Well, make me do. However I wouldn't picture the image of me in my favourite pair of high, shiny, ribbon-tied, patent shoes, if they made me spend every last pound and sacrifice food for a couple of months.
Can you imagine people doing that? One person looking, admiringly at a pair of shoes; Then with no hesitation and no thought in the matter they pick them up and practically hug the shoes until they are no more. Then, they storm over to the counter and insist on buying them. Even if there is no chance this person can afford them. Even if this person has no dress that will match but at least they go with the wallpaper in their bathroom. You just wouldn't. Or would you?
Perhaps it’s the fact that shoes can inject a load of confidence into you. They spout out compliments with every step you took. They called your name when you entered a shop. You know, that would be pretty impressive if they did. But, what I imagine is important (especially when in your bank accountant there is nothing but dust) is the power of resistance. The ability to say NO! to yourself when your fingers “accidently” stroke the wedge of the most gorgeous pair of flowery, summer sandals. They also may stroke the price tag, and that my friend, is where the resistance comes in handy!

ObnoxiousSilence said...
Best. Article. Ever.

PurpleFeather said...
LOL, I love this, so funny. Clearly its poking fun at people, but you do it without being sarcastic or narcississtic. Lovely!

JRsingersongwriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i like this!

Lanna8o9 said...
Very clever ;)

BethaniThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:26 pm:
I agree! :)