Hamlet vs. Lion King | Teen Ink

Hamlet vs. Lion King

By SunShinePoliteBoy SILVER, Miami, Florida
SunShinePoliteBoy SILVER, Miami, Florida

It seems like it's always the little brother kills the older brother out of jealously and often for the desire to sit on the throne. It is apparent that the classic, Shakespearean tragedy hamlet, and the more youth oriented, disney production, lion king, bear an unmistakable resemblance to each other. Though the two would seem nowhere near even borderline similar, the stories match the certain criteria. Both Claudius and Scar would agree that both have plotted to take the crown as king, and the product would the eventual demise of their older, more successful brother. It would leave the son of the king distraught and wanting resolution. Could it really be coincidence?

This was an assigment for my English iv class, where had to do a character analysis on the famous play, Hamlet. I choose Claudius since i wanted to tackle a character not everyone else was going to go after, right off the bat. I thought to now make use of it and tell everyone this, even though i'm sure this specific comparison has been done a thousand times over. But hope you enjoy nonetheless!