The Importance Of Music In My Life | Teen Ink

The Importance Of Music In My Life

By cgreene_44 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
cgreene_44 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

I love music.  Whenever I feel angry, sad, upset, or just need to get away from everything, I listen to music.  When I’m feeling down, music lifts me up.  If music didn’t exist, I would be upset and angry most of the time.  I love everything about music.  I especially love when a song tells a story, whether it is about a struggle somebody is going through or loving somebody.  If music wasn’t in my life, I would never be able to hear those amazing stories that music tells.  I also enjoy when artist tell messages through their songs.  For example, some artists write music about being bullied, so their messages could say that there are always people to help whether you know it or not.  If I didn’t have music, I would never get to hear those messages in such a heartfelt way. 

Sometimes I think too much.  I will start thinking about how somebody else is thinner, prettier, cooler, or better at something than me.  Those thoughts make me feel less confident. I can stop those thoughts when I listen to music.  Music makes me feel more confident in myself.  I’m currently a Freshman in high school, and it can get pretty stressful.  I’m always worrying about my grades, if I’m going to get a project done in time, or about a quiz or test that will be given the next day.  When I listen to music, I can block everything out.  When I put in my earbuds and play my favorite music, I feel so much better.  Sometimes when I can’t sleep, I listen to music.  It calms me down enough that I fall asleep.  I always listen to music when I do my homework.  It blocks out all of the distractions that may be occurring around me.  To sum everything up, I would be lost without music in my life.