Be Inspired | Teen Ink

Be Inspired

By cecily exline BRONZE, Solon, Ohio
cecily exline BRONZE, Solon, Ohio

Piece number 9 contains numerous visuals, including headphones. To me, headphones represent a need for one to escape, whether it be publicly or privately. When one is happy, or experiencing a positive emotion, he/she would most likely want to share their enthusiastic music with others via a speaker or other music amplifying device. On the other hand, when one is sad, or experiencing a negative emotion, he/she would be more likely to use headphones - the music ould be more personal in that regard, allowing one to freely register his/her emotions. Music can still be heard and emotions can still be felt, but the judgment from others will greatly diminish (if used in public).

Music can take others to a place that nothing else has the true capability of doing. For example, if one lives in an abusive home, listening to a joyous tune may be his/her only escape from reality. Everyone has a varying taste in music, no one's preference is exactly the same. One's personal playlist will no doubt vary from other's. They'll vary not just in song choices but in style altogether; some like slow, jazzy songs, some listen to lively pop songs, some go for more of a carefree alternative style. One's taste in music is very representative of his/her personality. People who listen to tranquil music may have a stressed, anxious personality, or maybe they're more patient. Eiter way, a person with a laidback tyle of music is probably trying to give off a laidback vibe.

I think it's such a beautiful thing that music can bring about so many different emotions in people. I'm sure most people have experienced getting chills at the sound of an amazing voice, which is certainly nothing short of an indescribable feeling. Music has the ability to change one's mood almost instantly if the listener is allowing. One can go from a perky mood to a depressed mood in a matter of seconds depending on the song choice, and vice versa.