Top 100 Songs Part 5 | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs Part 5

November 11, 2014
By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
247 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater


Sorry to keep you waiting!

60, Foreplay/Long Time-Boston, and peaple say Kansas is prog rock, well, this means that Boston is as well. This song is split into two parts: the Foreplay intro and Long Time. It is close to seven minutes long and has made an appearence in Rock Band as well. Pure awesome.

59, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son-Iron Maiden, the British are coming, the British are coming! They are indeed because Iron Maiden came to play. Coming from the album of the same name and one of the longest tracks in Iron Maiden history standing at 10 minutes long. Something that can't be fully comprehended in words alone.

58, Chiron-All That Remains, well this is metalcore music all right. Coming off the album Overcome, this is a place for double bass blasts drumwise but it has some interesting lyrics as well. And you thought I hated Metalcore music. I can't say it is the best scene metal, actually it's my favorite of the three, but It is. Chiron is playable on Rock Band DLC.

57, Lifeless-Chelsea Grin, hey another scene metal song? That's right, but this one is more deathcore. Matched with the most horrific metal cover I've seen yet, it is only two and a half minutes long so it really doesn't alot of time. There are better deathcore songs but this is cool.

56, Blackwater Park-Opeth, coming off the album, well, Blackwater Park, this is essentially the epic of the album. Mike switches constently between cookie monster to his normal voice and thus making it a bit more diverse. This track is the last in the album and stands at 12 minutes. This is easily in my top 5 Opeth songs.

55, E=MC2-Ayreon, one of the shorter Ayreon tracks. Coming off the album 01011001, yes that's the name, this is incredibly catchy and ends off with a nice little solo and a demonic voice of some kind that leads into the next track The Sixth Extintion. Even though Ayreon is progressive metal, they aren't really that heavy at all. Eh, doesn't stop me.

54, Toxic-Britney Spears, WWHHHAAAATTTTTTT? Yeah, I really just did it! Ok, I'll admit Britney as a whole is a horrible singer but that changes nothing for this one. I even know a rock cover for this one, granted it's better, and it is still good. I might have to activate my Flame Shield right now.

53, Take No Prisoners-Megadeth, comeing from the most overrated Megadeth album ever, Rust In Peace, this is my favorite of the album. It's short, fast, thrashy, and straight to the point. Suprised how my least favorite metal album has a GOOD song?

52, Birth and Death of the Pillars of Creation-Agalloch, the first track to Agalloch's latest album The Serpent and the Sphere(2014), and my favorite Agolloch song right now. Things should change though. If you don't know who Agalloch is then let me teach you: Agalloch is an Atmospheric Black Metal bnad from Portland, Oregon and have been making music since Pale Folklore in the 90's. The album they released is just as people say it is. I will be reviewing it soon so you will need to wait for that.

51, Prequal To The Sequal-Between the Buried and Me, coming off the album Colors, this will be a unique band for Metalcore. By that I mean, this is Progressive Metalcore so you know what that means. One of my favorites from the band and might I say that I need to find more Prog Metalcore bands, this is just amazing. Clocking in at eight'n'a half minutes the Rock Band reprentation knocks it back three minutes I'm guess because they don't really like super long songs. If you love Dream Theater, Opeth, or any metalcore music, I gurantee you'll love these guys.