I Believe | Teen Ink

I Believe

By niftyaustin BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
niftyaustin BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

I believe in freedom. I believe that you should do whatever you can  in order to get the feeling of fearlessness and freedom. That feeling compares to nothing. You can’t explain it you just have to feel it. For me when I am snowboarding, when I’m flying through the air off a jump nothing else matters. All you feel is freedom for those few seconds and it’s just you and the board in the air flying. You’re not thinking of how hurt you could get or what could go wrong; you're thinking about nothing for those few seconds I feel free. Now this feeling of being able to do anything doesn’t compare to anything else. You feel like you can do anything, you feel like for once in your life you aren’t stressing over that test tomorrow at school or the fight with your friends, or your parents being disappointed with you.  I believe in doing what you love. What makes you feel freedom, weightlessness, the feeling where you think you can fly. Most of all I believe in those few seconds that nothing else matters. The moment everybody strives for everyday without knowing it. That feeling is all I need. I believe in being able to feel alive, to feel like no feet is too big for you to conquer. I believe as a human it is your obligation to do whatever you can to enjoy life.

Snowboarding is where I felt like nothing esle mattered and going off that jump flying through the air for a few seconds it is truly nothing but happiness and freedom that you are overcome by at that moment