Why Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters (or season 3) is the best season yet. | Teen Ink

Why Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters (or season 3) is the best season yet.

July 28, 2013
By Sam_121699 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Sam_121699 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The kids on the bus were mean to her
mean to her
mean to her
The kids on the bus were mean to her
all year long"
(To the tune of "The Wheels on the Bus")


Transformers Prime is one of my favorite shows, and my show standards aren’t low. Prime is competing with Lost and The Walking Dead for my favorite show of all time. Yeah, a children’s show based on toys is that good. When simply watching the show, for even a short amount of time, you can tell Executive Producer Jeff Kline and the animators put in time and effort to create this show. This is some of the most fluid and best-looking computer animation I’ve seen, and I’ve seen Smeagle. Overall, the show is beautiful.
The most recent season, which happens to be the third (and the last) is the best of the three. I like the fact that they took what I like to call the “AMC approach” and have all of the seasons link together as one big story arc (and when the story arc ends, the show ends). Most children’s shows don’t do this. Anyway, the third season (titled Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters) is my favorite season because there are no filler episodes. In seasons one and two, there were filler episodes which I did not like, as they weren’t tied in with the story at all (until the last few episodes of Beast Hunters proved otherwise, using things discovered in what I thought were just season one filler episodes).
Beast Hunters is also much shorter than the first two seasons, being only thirteen episodes long (while the first two seasons are twenty-six episodes long). The shortness of this season makes it that much better, as viewers don’t have to wait for the climax for too long. Speaking of the climax, it was one of the best parts of the season, with a very unexpected and interesting twist. I was glad to see everything that went down in that last episode, but at the same time I was sad because I’ve been watching the show since it first aired in January of 2010.
3 years and 9 months (including the space in between the last episode and the movie).
68 episodes, and one movie (airing this October).
One hell of a good time.
I sure will miss this show, and watching it every Saturday night at 8:00 with my little Bumblebee action figure back in ’11, and then yelling at the TV in ’12 because of the end of the season two finale, and almost crying knowing that –after nearly four years- it’s finally come to an end. After the movie in October, I’ll never hear Ratchet say “Bulkhead, I needed that!” again, and I’ll never see Team Prime again.
Optimus Prime
Ratchet
Bumblebee
Arcee
Bulkhead
Smokescreen
Ultra Magnus
Wheeljack
Jack
Raf
Miko
Agent Fowler
June Darby (sort of)
These are the members of Team Prime.
THE END
(Got a bit dramatic at the end, don’t you think?)