My music, My world

One day, in the middle of algebra, a man with stylish hair and a tight shirt came to speak with us about our future. His was Mr. Charboneau. He came from the high school that I will be attending in September. And that day, he said something that I found quite important. He said: "I think that many of you are thinking about what job you're going to have and which job makes good money." He took a brief pause and then quickly started up again. "But you should be thinking about what you like, what you love to do, and sooner or later, it will bring you on the right track."
Once he spoke those words, I started to think about what was important to me. Something I couldn't live without. And then, it came to me, I say to myself:
"It's music. You feel what these singers/song writers are experiencing. You understand what they mean, and it no longer matters if your clothes came from stitches, that your hair is straightened or if you wear makeup or not. Because right then, you feel the feeling of acceptance. You feel good in your own skin. There's no longer that wall of judgment, the penetrating, condescending stares. The feeling of embarrassment once you walked in the room. It's all gone when you know it's going to be o.k."
That's the one thing I can't live without. And that shows who I am. So thank you Mr. Charboneau.

boltonisfuckingsexy said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 5:28 pm:
Well that is a great point of vue that i really inbracesed... makes me think about my future in a diffrent way. more of wat i want and less of wat ppl tell me to do

boltonisfuckinghot said...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 5:18 pm:
Great work abby this really didn't intrested me but i know some one did enjoy it 

justanotherteenwriter said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 6:44 pm:
the high schhol counclers just came in and talked to us last week you've helped me with my classes for next year so thank you((: <3

AshyBaby said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 11:57 pm:
Wow! I've always loved music and writing and in the recent years I've thrown it away because it wasn't important to my future. You've honestly just helped me realize what a mistake that is. Thanks :DDD

Opinionated said...
Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:05 pm:
Wow! I didn`t think this article was going to be all that special but that was quite deep, way to see the bigger message in things. I`m glad you`ve found your source of life. ;P