Is Media Causing Crime Rates to Go Up? | Teen Ink

Is Media Causing Crime Rates to Go Up?

By peacemaker14 SILVER, Hubbard, Oregon
peacemaker14 SILVER, Hubbard, Oregon

"in my life I've learned that growing up is hard and head banging is crucial"- hayley williams

This morning I sat down to my morning bowl of frosted flakes. When I turned on the TV the news was on and I was horrified at what I was hearing. Stories of identity theft and murder; but that wasn’t even the worst of it. There was sex abuse, homicide and drunken drivers running from the scene of the crash that they caused. People are finding more and more creative ways to be truly evil. Our society seems to be almost nurturing this growth in crime rates. Media seems to make these things a good thing. Love the way you lie by eminem for example. He wrote a song about abusing his girlfriend and then possibly tying her to a bed and setting it on fire! And this is a wildly popular song throughout America? Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture? Another thing that songs on the radio and TV seem to be all about is sex so many songs are based on sexual desire for example my first kiss by 3oh3 featuring kasha and bla bla bla by kasha. This makes our society about sex which in turn increases sexual desire which could then result in more sexual abuse. The few good songs that make it to the popular radio stations only last a little while before their old news and their replaced by songs like sex on fire by kings of leon. These artists are still very talented I might not agree with their messages but they are very talented as singers and musicians.

this wasn't thoroughly edited it was just something i thought i'd share

on Feb. 17 2011 at 9:08 am
peacemaker14 SILVER, Hubbard, Oregon

lol btw i know how to spell kesha idk why i said kasha