"Christian The Lion"

I'm not going to lie. The first time I saw it, I cried. For those of you who have not seen the Christian the Lion reunion, it is a MUST SEE! The first time I saw it was on Animal Planet, but there are some really touching youtube videos of it out there, too.
The story of Christian is: two young men in England adopted a lion cub. In those times, exotic pets were allowed to be owned by anyone. The two best friends found the cub in a crowded cage. They could'nt stand to see him like that- so they bought him and named him Christian. They raised him and created a strong bond with him, but still wanted him to be wild and free. They traveled all the way to Africa, where he was released in a conservation. They wanted to return years later. They were told Christian would not remember them because he started a family. But they visited him anyway.
To see what happens, please search it on youtube!!! It is so touching and I could watch it all day.
My opinion is that animals and humans can bond just as much as people bond with each other. christian loved his owners, for sure.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 3, 2010 at 11:55 am:

It sounds like a great story! I am on my way to see it, soon. I love the point that you got out of it: that humans and animals can bond and love each other.

Touching. :)