Music Keeps Me Sane | Teen Ink

Music Keeps Me Sane

By feartheuntypical GOLD, Nelson, Other
feartheuntypical GOLD, Nelson, Other

A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.
- Thomas Mann

Sometimes I feel as if music is the only thing that keeps me sane. This is one of those moments. No matter what is going on, if I listen to a good song then I still have something to rely on. It’s like my meditation. If I was told to go to my happy place, I would probably say to go and get me my computer so that I can listen to my choice of music on ITunes. For instance, right now I am listening to the copy of ‘Whatever you like’ by Anya Marina. And I am feeling incredibly peaceful. Like crazily relaxed, even if I was told I had a week to live, I would probably just nod and sing along to the words. Now its ‘Strange and Beautiful’ by Aqualung, which is one of my personal favourites.
‘And you’ll realise that you love me.....” What a great song. Wow. I have a huge urge to start singing along right now but I honestly can’t be bothered. My body isn’t operating properly, only my ears, hands and mind is working. It’s brilliant. Even though I love music so much, there is a lot of it that I hate. Pretty much all of the new music that is coming out is loathed by me. I’m sick of black guys going on about their hot black girlfriends. Do they do anything but get new girlfriends, write a song about it. Then cheat on her, and then write a song about that. And then make another song about how great their relationship is, unless the girl wouldn’t take them back. But they usually take them back, because they’re rich and famous. God, it’s confusing. Now good old James Morrison is singing. Awww, he’s so cool. I think I am in love with his voice. Seriously, my heart is melting right now from his song ‘You Give Me Something’. It’s like live or something because he’s practically changing how he sings it as he goes along. So cool.

I was just venting my love for music