Twilight opinion | Teen Ink

Twilight opinion

By sammirose SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
sammirose SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

It pumps up your blood and gets your heart going. Wondering what will happen to the character or if someone’s secret will be revealed, fans of the Twilight saga love the suspense, adventure, and thrill of the series. Nearly jumping out of your seat in excitement, and screaming “Oh My God” is the best feeling a person might possibly get when seeing a movie.

On opening night the Movie Theater in Brookfield and Hillside theaters were crowded. Never have I seen so many people in line for a movie at the theater.

At Hillside, it was cold and rainy but worth the wait to get to see “New Moon.” The Twilight saga is more than people give credit for. It’s not just another vampire movie with pretty girls and fangs.
There is a new twist to the Twilight saga I’m sure. The vampires don’t burst into flames when they step out into the sun and now it doesn’t have to be a full moon for the ware wolves to come out.

There’s passion, romance, thrill, and suspense in the Twilight saga. All of this in one series?
The Twilight saga is exceedingly more than what some people think.

on Aug. 28 2010 at 11:11 am
PearlWhiteNight BRONZE, No, Pennsylvania

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." -Mark Twain

I mean yeah, its good, but a lot of series have "passion, romance, thrill, and suspense" I do like tiwlight, but i just dont thin kits all that its cracked up to be. (Oh, and it totally is another vampire movie with pretty girls and fangs.)

lilly said...
Twilight lets the teenage mind grow and explore the love that two people of the exact oppisites can have. I agree that the roles could have been played by better actors but when you dig a little deeper you will see the true meaning of the story, love, passion, and danger. This fictional story was made to catch the eyes of young readers. To draw them in and show them that two people can still be in love even if a physical feature (vampireism) is caught up inbetween them. Try reading the books again and really read between the lines and open up your heart to something new.

Geograce BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
"The vampires don’t burst into flames when they step out into the sun and now it doesn’t have to be a full moon for the ware wolves to come out."

You're absolutely right.

This is exactly why Twilight has ruined Werewolves and Vampires forever. Don't get me started on how bad the facts are in this book. (I know Vampires and Werewolves aren't really factual, but you could at least respect what they should be.) Not to mention I and many others feel Stephanie Meyer is a terrible writer. Nothing about her books are good. The books are awful excuses for writing and should not be this popular. When Edward explains to Bella that he can't read her mind, it is because her mind is empty. The characters in this series are underdeveloped and lacking all the aspects of good writing.