New Music Scene

So you may not know their name…yet. You may not have heard their music…yet. They may not be on the radio…yet. But they’re trying to get their music heard and they need your ears. Donna Fox’s quirky, rough sound is almost contagious and defiantly worth a listen.

Made up of three of Arrowhead’s own, Juniors Chuck Seidel and JJ Nelson along with Sophomore Garett Standler, the trio came together about a year ago and made their music come alive. With Seidel on vocals and bass, Nelson on guitar and Standler on drums, the three’s love for music and energetic vibe manage to create relatable, teenage punk-rock.
The band has managed to score a few gigs ranging from Nixon Park stage to The Rave in Milwaukee. “Performing live in front of people is so much fun. We just love doing it, you just get lost in the music” said Nelson. “Getting our music exposed is just a plus.”

All three started out playing their instruments for fun. They’d always been friends, and never even thought to start a band. “We all knew each other played and one day just decided to all get together and jam,” said Seidel. “We all love music and have a lot of fun playing together. It just made sense to start a band.”

Just like any other punk rock band, the guy’s songs are about typical teenage troubles. “We just play about life, and I guess girls too,” explained Seidel. “Stuff kids can relate too.” The bands lyrics are quick and easy to learn, making it almost impossible not to sing along. Not to mention, they’re a riot on the stage. They definitely look like they’re having the time of their life.

Interested? The guys have a facebook, and are looking for their next gig. “We rock,” laughed Seidel, “definitely give us a listen. If you don’t like it, well then, who cares.”

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:30 am
this is cool! Do they have a name yet? They should try to get hooked up 4 a valentine's day dance or something.