Television

TV has taken a turn for the worst. The programs that are put on for anyone to watch are getting violent, sexual, and inappropriate. Everyone feels poignant about this topic. Children who watch these violent shows will be affected in the future. The shows about murder and people who look sanguine are images that don’t need to be in adolescent minds. Children and young adults are acting more coerce because of the images TV and other electronic devices are giving. Watching such shows is fruitless. It’s ridiculous that the number of murders seen on TV by the time an average child finishes elementary school is over 8,000. America has made TV their new pastime. 66% of American homes own three or more TV sets, and 99% of Americans own at least one. Children, when watching a show that intrigues them, are phlegmatic. They are lazy. TV is a reason why we are the fattest country on earth. There are TV shows that let children comprehend things that they shouldn’t learn at such an early age. TV inundates the mind with filth. The number of minutes per week that parents spend in meaningful conversation with their children is 3.5. A statistic like that should never be that low. Adults can corroborate that TV has an effect on how children act. More than half of America can name the three stooges, but only about 17% can name at least three justices of the U.S. Supreme Court. Commercials and other advertisements use garbled statistics to make the viewer more interested. They are zealously promoting their product the best way they can, even if they have to lie. TV has a strong effect on America. Turn off the TV, because almost anything else uses more energy than watching it.