Good Character = Good Looks

How comes physical attractiveness still defines who we like and dislike instead of looking at a person’s character or does it really?

Firstly let me let you guys know that when I say character I also refer to personality and manners within an individual.

When we meet someone with a good character for example those who are kind, appreciative, patient, understanding, helpful or supportive we have this innate tendency to fall in love with everything that is attached to them this includes their looks and we also begin to appreciate spending time with them and so form an attachment because of their good nature.  Some people start relationships by admiring looks and then moving on to  getting to know how the person is, however others look at the character of the individual first and pay less attention on looks. Which person are you?

A person’s character really does define who they are and how they look. My definition of beauty is derived from character so someone who looks beautiful is basically equal to someone who has good character so beauty is only achieved by having goodness.

Facial features don’t carry any value as much as good character does because good character cannot be brought but good looks can be through plastic surgery and makeup etc.

On the other hand, if someone has a cheap bad character for example those who lie, cheat, arrogant, selfish and inconsiderate we immediately dislike them and they don’t appear beautiful to us because there character is what shapes there looks no matter how pretty they may appear on the outside.

This sets an important criterion of being able to look into a person’s internal self before accepting them as what they appear externally.

If someone looks gorgeous and has a perfect hip to waist ratio, height, and facial symmetry but also has a bad character which would you choose the character or the looks? Would you approve or disapprove?

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 9 at 4:50 pm
This really has a lot of meaning to it. I find that no one wants me because i'm not pretty, but I know i have an amazing personality.

ZoeMalikThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 7:48 am
@Breezette The most important thing of all is to have a good attitude in oneself. Therefore i urge you to stop thinking that no one wants you because you are not pretty. Because as i have mentioned in my article beauty is defined by personality and if you've got an amazing personality then nothing in the world can beat that! You are amazing the way you are :-)

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 11:39 am
Thank you so much, people like you, are who's keeping me going, striving, Rising. Thank you so much.

today at 8:01 am
@Breezette No need to thank me at all. Just keep having a pretty mind, pretty heart and pretty soul. Thats all that will ever matter.

SpeakerofWolvesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 27 at 8:29 pm
@ZoeMalik Amazing job! I really agree on what you said. In fact, I am working on a novel for some time and there is one girl that is pretty, but is really mean. Then the girl (who's I called her Jessica) has two sisters, one who has obesity and the other is the youngest. The youngest (Tasha) is actually the pretty one and she made Jessica so jealous without any intentions that Tasha was bullied by Jessica everyday. One day, when the protagonist came in, he felt attached to Tasha than Jessica bec... (more »)

Aug. 29 at 3:07 pm
@SpeakerofWolves Thanks,im glad you liked it and your novel too sounds very interesting and would love to read it once your finished with it so do send the link to me :-)