A Highschool Love Story | Teen Ink

A Highschool Love Story

November 3, 2016
By JacQueline481309 BRONZE, Hemet, California
JacQueline481309 BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Why? Why do you feel the need for “love”? Why? Why do you feel the need to make out against other peoples lockers? Why do you feel the need to rub your ..“love”.. into the single pringles of the worlds faces? Just why? Give me a reason.


Is your highschool romance just a fling or is it something real? Highschool relationships are this mushy, intense, safeguarded love. Or is our idea of love at this age what love not what really feels like? Are our young, naive , uneducated through real, heavy,  unpredictable life, minds ready for what love really brings to the table.  Why is it that we as individuals feel the need for love; is it for the feeling of care or the feeling that someone can love someone just as you are without the need for you to change. The way that your other half gives you this wonder in your eyes. The want to come to school each day so that you can see each other. The late night I LOVE YOU phone calls and the good morning beautiful text. THe falling asleep to each others voices. Is this real love or is it teenage love? Do we have the intellectual capacity to comprehend love?  Is it the bright colors in the air that they leave after the walk you to class or the suns shine speeding through the bright baby blue sky. Our love is like a burning fire that no one can put out but us. Or are we as broken as the stormy night. Is this love.…or is this what we believe love to be?