Paper, Glue, and Relationships | Teen Ink

Paper, Glue, and Relationships

By AureaM BRONZE, Chennai, Other
AureaM BRONZE, Chennai, Other

Relationships are weird and complicated.

Imagine sticking two sheets of paper. It takes time to glue it neatly and less than half the time to tear it apart. And when it’s torn, each sheet has bits of the other sheet stuck to it. It’s no longer a clean plain sheet.

Relationships are like that. They take time to form, time to bond together.  But it can tear apart in seconds. Small actions or words are enough. Both the people become affected and hurt by it. No one can remain the same after a broken relationship.

The torn paper can still be used, but it’s weaker and doesn’t look the same as before. Likewise humans change and are no longer their old selves. Sometimes for better but sometimes for worse.

And no relationship falls apart without reason. People break up when they realize they are doing the opposite of good for each other. No one tears the sheets apart unless they have stuck them wrong.
Sometimes the sheets will get thrown in the dustbin or even be made into a paper plane. The two people may never meet and go in totally different directions.

But these sheets can also be stuck together again, this time correctly. Relationships can also rekindle once they realize and rectify their problems. These sheets now stuck together will still have bumps and not look perfect.

But they look better together, rather than alone.

Looking at all the relationships around me inspired me to write this. From my parents and cousins to my friends and enemies, everything inspires me. I hope this will help people to move on from breakups and misunderstandings and realize that everything is in their hands and in their choices.