Child Abuse | Teen Ink

Child Abuse

January 21, 2016
By Genesis19 BRONZE, Farmers Branch, Texas
Genesis19 BRONZE, Farmers Branch, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Do you have a little brother or sister? Do you have a kid of your own? Or do you happen to be attached to an infant? Have you ever experienced or been a witness to child abuse? Child abuse is when a parent or caregiver causes injury, death, or serious harm to a child.

A common form of child maltreatment is sexual abuse. This past December 2,2015, the entertainment website Now 8 News published a story about a pedophile disguised as a clown in a six year old's closet at night. The little girls babysitter mentioned that the girl would cry at night for the longest time, during the 3 days she was there to babysit. The pedophile was arrested, and won't be coming out due to the harm he caused to the innocent six year old who will be traumatized forever because of this disgusting, selfish man.


Another form of child abuse is physical abuse. A girl named Kerry had difficulties returning home after having been placed in care because according to the young girl, "she would get aggravated if she didn't get her own way with me and she kicked me a few times and pinned me to the floor," talking about her mother. Usually physical abuse happens when a parent or guardian has addictions, however it's not safe for the child.
       

Lastly, another type of child abuse is emotional abuse. An emotional abuse victim claims, "I was too afraid to go downstairs in case he chased into the kitchen after me as he always did. Bawling at me, backing me into the corner until I was whimpering and crying, he would just laugh at me and walk away, satisfied by my distress." Often times, children who are being emotionally abused lack confidence, or become worry and anxious.


The author's comments:

Something that inspired me to write this piece was my friend's story. Many people judge someone , but they really don't know who that person , and about their life.