Love | Teen Ink

Love

February 1, 2009
By Becca Stewart GOLD, Mason, Ohio
Becca Stewart GOLD, Mason, Ohio
10 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Ever since the world began civilizations have been obsessed with the idea of love. From the Ancient Greek gods, Aphrodite, and Eros to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet to modern day smash hits like Titanic, The Notebook, or Sweet Home Alabama teach us to believe in love and fairytales. Even the Disney princesses help little girls start believing in love at a young age.


Why are we obsessed with love? Is it because we want to believe when times are rough that things will get better and we will get the bliss and happiness that were are told we will find when we fall in love. Or is it just our curiosity to see what is out there? Maybe some of us are in love with the idea of love. Do we want to experience the sweeping romances of the movies or the slow courtships of the 1800 and 1900's? Do you want the everyday romances of normal people living in the suburbs with movies and dinners and bowling and doing everyday things together while growing closer together and letting their love blossom into something more.
But it doesn't really matter how you want your forays into love to go, you are not always in charge of your life sometimes you may just have to let yourself go and have some fun while trying to find that right person.

Romance and relationships are not the easiest things to achieve but when you do it can be amazing and you may find that you have found your true love or you really did fall in love at first sight. So go ahead work for your relationships, fall in love or just sit around dreaming about the future romances you'll have and read romance novels. Do what you want and enjoy yourself while doing it and just hope that one day you can experience that true love blissful feeling that people have been obsessed with for centuries,