Life is a Camera | Teen Ink

Life is a Camera

September 11, 2015
By jfcdancegirl PLATINUM, Ashburn, Virginia
jfcdancegirl PLATINUM, Ashburn, Virginia
30 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment, and make it perfect." ~Anonymous


Life is a camera. Just as the film of an old camera, you may know when you will be finished, for example if you have a disease or condition that is fatal, or you won’t realize how much you have left and life will take you by surprise. A photo can tell a story, much as life is one. You can change the focus, zoom, take action shots, and rapid fire.

    

A camera resembles life because you have many settings within the camera that you can use, just as the versatility of life. You could also choose to use the zoom and focus to criticize and magnify the attributes of their personality. This is used when you wish to see a part of a person’s individuality more clearly, singling out a certain aspect, sometimes pleasantly, other times with great dislike.

    

Taking an action shot is like slowing down a busy week with a snow day. You are forced to stay inside and spend quality time with the most important people in your life. The bad weather, or even deciding to stay off social media for a week, helps you to break out of your routine and create new experiences. Moments like these create stronger bonds with your family and friends, and will never be forgotten.

    

Rapid fire portrays how fast life can pass you by. This is why my parents always want to spent quality time together. They realized that they only have 4 more years of me living in the house until I go off to college. Rapid fire also makes a movie, in a sense. The quick speed of the camera shutters opening and closing creates a life story. Every movement is captured and shows a real person. There are no filters and no poses, when using rapid fire; you see little things that are not usually shown. We try and hide our flaws but this part of the camera reveals it with great beauty. “Just focus on what’s important. Capture the good times. Develop from the negatives and if things don’t turn out – just take another shot.”


The author's comments:

This was an english assignment from years past. We had been talking about  the movie Forest Gump and our prompt was to use the famous simile quote: "Life is Like a Box of Chocolates", and make it our own. Here is my take on this project.