Teens Will Understand | Teen Ink

Teens Will Understand

August 29, 2015
By Jesse_H71 BRONZE, Bell, Florida
Jesse_H71 BRONZE, Bell, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

First and foremost to our parents, we have a dream and if it is not nurtured then it will die. Our dreams are normally what keep us going every day. You may think that we're just lazy and ungrateful but in all honesty we're depressed because we've been taught our whole life to chase our dreams, and then when we grow up we realize that it's not 'practical' according to the rules that society lays down for us, and so our ambitions are belittled and destroyed along with any hope of us going out there and making a name for ourselves as we wanted to. You also say that we're depressed because we sit behind computers all day and play on our phones, well honestly I'm sorry but that's a load of horse crap. We're depressed because we're so stressed from school, work, personal relationships, etc. that we can hardly stand it. Did you know that the teenager has the same amount of stress on average as a 1950's patient at a mental hospital?


To the government, stop making our parents' lives so hard. Up their pay and reduce inflation so that they can make it without being drowned in debt. If you make their lives easier you will make ours easier. Also it wouldn't hurt at all to start reducing the price of college for us. How are we supposed to be able to do anything when we can't get out of the crippling amounts of debt that we owe the government?


To high schools, realize that we are tired in the mornings and we need more rest to be able to function properly. Please understand that it's not that we are disrespectful, it's just that we're tired in the mornings so please cut us a little slack. Please also reduce our homework, we really do have a lot to worry about besides school.


To the fellas, don't be a total jerk. It's just that simple. Respect women and be a gentleman. Don't lie, cheat, steal or anything like that. It's okay to be yourself. Don't create a facade of what you want people to think of you, be yourself and you'll find someone great.


To the ladies, don't be a total jerk. Don't sell yourself short. Be yourself and chase your dreams. That pimple you have? It'll go away. That little insecurity you have about yourself? Don't worry about it. Life is to short to worry. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy your time as a teenager.

 

In closing, be yourself and don't conform to society as society is the root of our problems. I hope you will take my advice. I love you all and have a spectacular day.


The author's comments:

I just want this to be read by all of the teens out there. I'm with you guys and here for you.