Rise and Shine | Teen Ink

Rise and Shine

By Angelina.Ceritelli BRONZE, Centralia, Washington
Angelina.Ceritelli BRONZE, Centralia, Washington

What if the big problems we face everyday were not big at all but very small? The pain we feel that we think tears us apart is actually what holds us together. Or the hate we feel for someone is just hidden love. People think an argument with a parent could end a relationship but maybe that's not the case. Instead it could pull the thread between you guys closer. The more understanding you have for each other the stronger the bond you have. And when you get older and your father passes away you'll realize that big fought you use to have was just a small road bump. the pain you felt held you together with hope of everything being alright. and when you said you hated you father you truly meant i love you.

We as human beings worry about many of things. We take problems and make them bigger out of fear that someone will get mad at us or upset with us. For example, you take a cookie out of a cookie jar and your parent notices it's gone. They asked you, you get scared, and blame it on your sister. But why did you get scared? You got scared because you were worried your parents will get mad or upset with you for stealing and punish you. In the mean time, they ask you older sister and she says no. Now both of your parents are more upset because they know someone is lying. Do you see what's happening here?  Now instead of just waking up and realizing you need to come clean, you made your parents more upset than if you would've just told the truth.

Everybody wishes nothing bad ever happened in their life at one time or another, but you never really thought what else would have changed. Nothing, that's what you'd feel if nothing ever went wrong in your life. If you never got your heart broke or never got into an argument with someone then you'll have nothing to learn from. You will never feel the joy and happiness of when you make up with someone after a fight or the hope you'll have while hoping you guys will  make up soon. You will never feel the loss if someone leaves your life or the sadness and anger you get when something upsets you. You need to feel these things to hold yourself together because even if you think the world is against you and your depressed you will always have hope that it'll get better. You will always have light in the darkness even if you have see it.

As you can see, people like you and me make things worst than they are and we think the world's gonna end but really that's the thing that's holding us together. Everyone should wake up and smell the roses and believe that there is always good in the world. Never give up on the things you feel because you need them to grow as a person and have others grow around you as well. I would never ever want anyone to give up because rise and shine sleepy  heads tomorrow's a new day and a new adventure awaits. So stay strong and love yourself and don't be afraid to be honest and open minded for the new day.