Me, My Trust, and Friends | Teen Ink

Me, My Trust, and Friends

March 31, 2015
By Angelina.Ceritelli BRONZE, Centralia, Washington
Angelina.Ceritelli BRONZE, Centralia, Washington
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

As the famous quote states, "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth." ( The road not taken, By Robert Frost) This quote is, for me, one of the most explainable quote to help people understand middle school. As a middle school-er we don't realize how much we change and the people around us change. It's the time we find out who we are and who we want to be.
   

Everyday we hear drama and rumors about people we do or do not know. Some are lies, some are the truth, some are things we tell our closest friends and expect them to keep it a secret. We tell ourselves that we aren't that type of person that would listen and spread them. But, we are lying to ourselves. Even without trying to spread it and listen, we do. We as humans can't help but listen to things because we are naturally curious humans.
   

Sometimes we put more trust in the people we think we can trust then ourselves. We tell them are darkest secrets and expect them to keep them as if it was their secret. However, one of the largest reason we do this is so we feel connected, like there's someone we can trust. What most kids need to realize is the person you can trust the most is yourself. You call pull yourself out of darkness. You can make yourself shine in the sun.
   

To be yourself, to find yourself, you need to put what others believe about you behind and focus on what matters to you. We need to learn to trust ourselves to put an end to self-depression we need to love ourselves. Someday you will find people you can trust or you may not but that depends on you. Trust yourself then trust the world.


The author's comments:

I hope this article inspires people.