Becoming a Mother | Teen Ink

Becoming a Mother

March 19, 2015
By sofiya15 BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon
sofiya15 BRONZE, Brownsville, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Becoming a mother is the longest and most difficult journey any woman will ever take. Some will be able to ease into the role of a mother over time. While others are thrust into the position. But no matter how a woman becomes a mother she should look back on it with a smile. Because although it maybe tough it is also extremely rewarding.

My mother has a plaque haining in her living room. on the plaque is a phrase that says, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it". In that small phrase there is so much truth and insparation for me. It pushes me to continue my, only beginning, journey down the path of moltherhood.

With all the aches and pains of pregnancy, and the consant fear that hangs over me, I am reminded by that phrase, and I am able to look past the struggles I will have. And I am able to think of the beautiful moments. moments like holding my son for the first time. when I will beable to look at his fragile body and see all the potential, see all the things that he can be and do someday.

Even after the sleepless nights and thousands of dirty diapers, I will beable to witness those priceless moments. From his first laugh and his first tooth, to his graduation day and his first steps down the path of parenthood. Maybe he'll become a doctor, or perhaps a broadway star. No matter what path he chooses, I'll beable to look back on all the hard times and think, "he was worth it".

So for those mothers who are starting to feel down or feel like giving up, remember the phrase. think of those happy memories and the beautiful future you and your son can have if you keep going. because dont you want to beable to look back on the hard times and beable to think, "I did it, and it was worth it".


The author's comments:

this is just a way of expressing my joy to have my son, and hopefully help thoes mothers and anyone else who needs a little insparation to keep going.