Can Someone Really Never Love, Until Actually Loving Themselves? | Teen Ink

Can Someone Really Never Love, Until Actually Loving Themselves?

By Jetti1 SILVER, Tampa, Florida
Jetti1 SILVER, Tampa, Florida

I rather you hate me for who i am,Then to love me for who i am not...

The simple question we ask ourselves every time we love someone that doesn’t love us back. Can they really love me when they don’t really love themselves? It’s always hard asking ourselves that question, mostly when you actually love that person dearly. But sometimes it will take some time for that person to love themselves. That just means let life or love takes its course. You as a person will have to learn this, for me I haven’t quite learned it my-self. It’s not that I’m in love; it’s that I haven’t learned to love my-self yet. For me I think its okay for you to try to find yourself before trying to find your life partner. Question is, are you as a person going to try to find yourself first or your partner? My question is if you find your partner first, but don’t love yourself first. Will that relationship last or will it break apart?

I think first I would try to gain respect for yourself, bring up your self-confidence. Mostly because if you don’t that relationship that you have won’t last long. Because if you can’t respect yourself first, then you’re not going to respect your partner in anyway. Your partner will feel that you can’t, they won’t understand why you can’t and that will most likely be the reason your partner will leave. So in the time you don’t have a partner learn to respect yourself so that it doesn’t happen to yourself. Plus doing this you can make yourself into the person you want to be for yourself and your partner.

Once you’re ready to date again it will be totally different because you respect yourself and your partner. And with that it will be simpler, but you also have to teach your partner to love themselves as well as you. Cause love is a hard thing to come by now a days and I hope you can find that one an only for you.

For me this piece is something that I kept asking myself all the time and I thought "Hey let's write an article about it.". And that's what I did cause this is a question we all at some point ask about.

Grandma said...
Hi Jetti, Congrats on being published! You pose good questions. Thanks for letting me know! I haven't read all your other articles yet, but did read one of them, too. I'll read the others, shortly. I hope your plans for school work out for you - you have a good plan. Keep writing! Love, Nana