Water and an Ice Cube | Teen Ink

Water and an Ice Cube

By bayleejess6 BRONZE, Helensvale, Other
bayleejess6 BRONZE, Helensvale, Other

Falling in love is like falling asleep, slowly then all at once. - The Fault in Our Stars

Sometimes relationships are like a glass of water with and ice cube in it. When an ice cube is placed in a glass of water, it slowly begins to melt. The water represents one person whilst the ice cube represents the other. Like the water does to the ice block, one person slowly breaks the other person down which makes them feel different. Whether it makes the person feel bigger, stronger or happier it adds to them, just as the melted ice cube adds to the overall volume of water you begin with once it's melted. Some relationships are like this. One person slowly keeps taking or breaking the other person down until eventually there is nothing left of the other person. The worst part is the person who is slowly fading away due to their partner doesn't see if because they are literally in a spell of love. Have you ever been in love? If you have you'll understand that no matter what they do you'll still love them. Even if you have broken up you may not love them as much anymore but for the rest of your life there will still be that little bit of love in your heart for that one person. So whether you have left that toxic relationship or not, that person and how they made you feel will constantly stay with you for your life. That's why if you start to realise what your partner is doing to you, or one of your friends partners is doing to them, you need to think. If it's your relationship you either need to try and leave or confront your partner about it. Sometimes they may not even be aware of what they're doing, so just explain what they're doing and how it makes you feel. If it's your friends relationship I would personally say do not get involved. You love your friend but you also have to be wary about your own friendship.If a friend came up to you and told you that you were in a toxic relationship and your partner isn't treating you right what would you do? I know I wouldn't agree, I would defend my partner. So overall I just wanted to write this piece for you to understand what goes on in some relationships and be aware of your own or future ones.