Pick One! | Teen Ink

Pick One!

By BearPride SILVER, Sherwood, Arkansas
BearPride SILVER, Sherwood, Arkansas

Never Give Up!

Everyday there are people falling in love. Whether you go for a different race than your own or you  just stick with what you were raised to date. Now I’ll throw a little bit of my personal life into this. My parents prefer me to date the same color as I am, but I believe that you should go beyond your horizons. Reach out into different choices.

Dating is like a menu. You may never tried the dish, but you decide to give it a try. Then, there are always different varieties to choose from, but you try to be careful, because you may get something that you don’t care for and all you do is waste your money that you could’ve spent on something that you could’ve enjoyed. That’s how love is sometimes. Or simply just dating. You have so many people to chose from, but you have to be careful on who. Just like choosing from the menu. Be careful on what you get, because you don’t want to waste the money. Now, there are going to be times when you just fall too hard and become blind of the person. Trust me, I’ve had that happen to me a couple of times and in the end, it hurts.

But the point here is that, people are very judgey with whom they date. It’s okay to have standards here and there and I hope that you meet a guy that meets them, but in the end it doesn’t matter what color they are. I won’t lie, I date African American’s and people seem to be against them for what they are, but they’re humans and were all different. I try to go beyond my horizons and reach out to different guys, but no matter what color they are, I might fall for him or not. The whole point of this is that it doesn’t matter what color a person is, you should take your chances. It depends on the person and or their actions. So take a chance and hopefully you won’t waste your money or time on that guy.

This piece if from experience.