From Me to You | Teen Ink

From Me to You

By MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other
MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Friends. 

That one word alone means so much.

They're there for you when you need help, and they're there in your times of need. They're always there to help, but never ask for anything back. They make you excited for the most boring and challenging school projects, and make you laugh in times of despair. They're there for you when no one else is. They're the most wonderful people in the world when you go out there in the big, wide world. 

There are friends who will desert you, but are they really friends? No, the true friends are the ones who stay by your side and make time for you. They're the most important people. More than any love could work out, because they're with you every step of the way. More than any break-up could hurt you, because they're hurting alongside you. There aren't enough words to convey the absolute gift from God that is the friendship between you and me. There is no thanks that will ever convey all the emotion and feelings across. However, because we're friends, you'd understand with a hug. You'd know the right times- the times when I need a hug. And that means more than anything, more than they'll ever know, except when I do the same for you. That is the beautiful meaning of a true friendship.

Friendships are miracles, and they should be praised more than they are given, because there are very bad things that go on out there, but friendship can make the worst of tragedies better, no matter what the degree.