What is Love? | Teen Ink

What is Love?

By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other

"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon

How do you define love? Who is capable or has the authority to define love? Is not love different for everyone? Is love not something personal which every individual feels differently? Everyone has their own definition of Love. The way you love is different to the way I love. The way you describe love is different to the way I describe love. The way I love different people is dependent on the subject. The way I love my dog is different to the way I love my mom and dad. The way I love my family is different to the way I love my friends. The way I love ice-cream is different to the way I love my boyfriend.

I can experience the feeling of love differently, depending on what or who is in question. The way I feel and express love is different from anyone else in the world. The way I think about love, how it feels and what it means is a personal response to the general definition of love.

Have you ever wondered why people have the need to feel loved? Why is it that people want love so bad? People search a life time for the love they dream of and why is that? I think it’s because love is the closest thing to magic, and furthest away from logic. The people we love, the reasons that we love for, seldom seem logical. And everyone needs some magic in their lives.

When you are a teenager you think love is everything, but remember, love and like is different. You can have hundreds of crushes that you like or think are good looking, does it mean all those hundreds are your soul mates? No, of course not. So before you fall, make sure you are falling into something real. When you are young, you think you know everything, but take a step back. Breathe and think things through. Compared to what you will learn, you know very little. You learn every day, until your last breath. You learn how to love every day. You learn who to love. Even when you get married you are nowhere near done. You still have so much to learn. So I think it is safe to say no one really truly know what love means.

Then again, we still all have our definition of what we think love is. To me, love means you like someone but in a deeper and more emotional level. For me it is when you find yourself in a position where the other person’s happiness becomes your happiness. Love for me is when I will fight no matter what the odds. I will never give up proving how much I need the person in my life. For me, a person I cannot go a day without thinking about, a person who I always consider in everything I do, is worth the fight.

"I will fight no matter what the odds."

Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other

Thank you :)

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!

That was beutiful.

Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other

Thanks Ines! 

Inês Beleza said...
Uau Alicia!! It's soooo good!!!