A Four Letter Word | Teen Ink

A Four Letter Word

By Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California
Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

Love. When your heart melts like butter on hot toast at the sight of someone. When you feel lightheaded and free. When you ache to be with them, to look at them, to touch them. The humidity of your heart increases rapidly. When you lay in bed at night restless because all you can do is surround your thoughts around that person. You only need one man to love you. But him to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. Only one man and all of this. That is love.

i am in love and i just cant seem to find enough words to describe it. love is merely indescriptable.

on Oct. 8 2014 at 4:58 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is absolutely, beautiful. i can connect, a lot, because I am too. And you're right, haha. Love is undescribable. :) This is just fantastic. Thank you so much, for sharing this. I love this. You have a talent and greatness in you, and you are a wonderful and talented writer and person. :) Thank you again. 

HayleyF SILVER said...
on Oct. 4 2014 at 7:39 pm
HayleyF SILVER, Duingal, Other
Now this is a piece I really like! I really love your second line, it is a beautiful simile! "When your heart melts like butter on hot toast at the sight of someone" - just gorgeous. I highly suggest continuing to use such language features. This is a great piece.