She is My World | Teen Ink

She is My World

By MakaelaMae BRONZE, Boonville, Indiana
MakaelaMae BRONZE, Boonville, Indiana

“It was love at first sight” is such a cliché saying for romance, but seeing her for the first time was magical, using it is the only way for me to describe it. I seen her around school with her girlfriend, but I never thought that I would have the chance to even talk to her. Luckily the day I came in for a bite to eat at the resturant down the street, she worked there. I seen her face and felt my stomach cathc every butterfly I ever seen that summer. The room got warm, she was radiating. I was waiting for my food and she called me over to her my heart was pounding through my chest.

“You go to the highschool, right? I've seen you around.”

I could barely feel my body, my mind was blank, I was barely able to get out the word “Yes.” but I managed. Her face was red, which made her beautiful blue eyes become more bright. She noticed me. I couldn't even fathem what she would think anytime she saw me. “She's beautiful.” “What is she wearing?” “What is her name?” I could only imagine.

A month goes by and I never talked to her. I was too nervous, too scared, to worried that she'd be annoyed with me. But finally the time came, she called me. Her voice was intoxicating. We talked for hours. The whole time I am texting our mutual friend who just so happen to tell her every embarrassing thing I was saying. She then came over the following Friday, and it was incredible. We stayed in bed and watched old movies, and laughed, and just became so close in just a few hours. I felt like I was at home. With everything that was going on, that what I needed, a sense of home, acceptance, love. Short after, it became offical. We were a couple, a inseperable one at that. Unless she was working, we were together, and truly nothing was going to get in between us. We spent all of spring break together, she was there for me when I couldn't go and see my dad, she listened to me cry, she held me when I was upset. That was the moment I knew this girl had to be the one I spent the rest of my days with.

After a year, a couple break ups, me moving 4 or 5 times, she came back. It was truly fate. There had to be a reason she came back into my life. Then I went to visit her, spent to incredible weeks with her. I woke up to her sleepy little voice, her bed head made me melt, the noises she made in her sleep was everything I could ask for. I know now that those lazy mornings and late nights are what I want to live for. Being long distance now makes our love strain, but we have survived, we come back strong. One day that girl will be my wife. I am sure of it.

This is a true story of my relationship, we are a lesbian couple. She has inspired this story, I hope to show others that no matter how hard things get, if it is true, it will survive