My Thoughts On Love | Teen Ink

My Thoughts On Love

September 24, 2014
By bianca.hd GOLD, Los Angeles, California
bianca.hd GOLD, Los Angeles, California
10 articles 2 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Eleanor Roosevelt


Love.
Romance.
Lust.
Limerence.

 

A timeless and wonderful and bittersweet thing, catching you when you fall, making you fall, and the act that pushes you and motivates and pulls and pushes you. Yep, that's love for you.

 

I'm simply sweet sixteen, and love to me feels and looks and seems like an unattainable goal set in the far distance, with only snapshots and false hopes to distract myself on my long, windy, confused journey towards that small glimpse of truth in the distance.

 

The false hopes let me know what I'm looking for in that distance, what I don't want, and what to avoid. The journey to find love is a journey for sure - the most tedious and confusing and hurting ones out there. The feeling to be in love is quite amazing. As I get older, I've learned to let my standards fall lower as my guard and drops and personality emerges. With it, I've found myself in some wonderful romances, short lived, beautiful whilst they lasted. That warm and fuzzy feeling of knowing that someone reciprocates the feelings that you feel towards them is an amazing feeling. The tingles the thought of them sends to your fingertips, the sparks that ignite when you share an embrace, the laughs you try to stifle in public because their jokes and person are so perfect, so on point, they get you. The connection is there, it's felt on both ends, they're on your mind every fleeting moment, and fit themselves into the crevices of your mind you thought no one could be let in. They shed light on your darkest moments, your darkest hours, your darkest thoughts. They share the joy and shining smiles of your successes, your triumphs. You and them are not simply two entities, but one.

 

It feels so perfect. So flawless. So mistake-proof. So failure-proof.

So strong.

 

But yet, in confusion that gives one clarity, flaws are seen that were overlooked once before. Those flaws become larger and larger and become tools in the creation of a space between what was once one entity, into their mitosis and separation.  Their lives become separated once more, and the cycle is presented to them again.

 

It all starts with that locking gaze and sparkle in your eyes and heart.

 

It all ends with blanketed fog of love lifted and cleared by your brain.

 

It's up to you.

 

And perhaps, it's up to fate too.

 

I'll just keep trekking until I find that one at the end of the rainbow, the end of the sunset, the trailhead of life, the one who will make me feel like I'm invincible for whatever life throws at me. I'll wait, and without a doubt I'll explore the pit stops.

 

But in the end, I have this feeling that there's one guy who will make me throw my list out the window and into his arms. One man who will make me feel safe and loved and supported no matter who or what comes in our way. One who will love my flaws as much as my self, and inspire me to be as amazing as he is.

 

Love hurts. The journey will be worth it in the end. One must not be normal to be extraordinary. That's my new mantra. That goes for studying and exercise regimens, and now, it applies to dating and romance as well.

 

Just wait.


The author's comments:

Teen years are made to experiement with everything, including relationships. Here's my take on love so far, through the eyes of a 16 year old.