I Guess | Teen Ink

I Guess

September 23, 2014
By heytheredelilah BRONZE, Pearl River, Louisiana
heytheredelilah BRONZE, Pearl River, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Darby-

    I guess you don't know what it feels like to be unloved. Well, I do. It's every day of my life. Katie knows. Katie makes a point of telling me she loves me every single day, just so that I know that even of nobody else does, she loves me. I guess I shouldn't expect you to tell me that you love me... I guess I should probably cut you some slack. I've dropped so many hints that I want you to tell me that, though, that I guess I just assume you would have gotten it by now. So I guess I'm sorry if I make you uncorfortable, telling you that I love you. I just love so freely and so easily that I expect everyone else to love each other just like I love them. I know, the world isn't what you'd expect it to be, but it would be nice, wouldn't it, if everything was exactly how you wanted it to be? I guess it would, even if it was predictable... Anyways, I love you. Don't ever forget that.

 

                                                                 ~Alice


The author's comments:

This is actually something I wrote to a friend a while back, and it's completely real. I know I'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes...