Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

By Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4

So there's this guy I met. We'll call him "guy". So he met Girl 1, and they "felt a connection". They hung out, talked, and wound up making out by the end of the day. Girl 1 was convinced that this was true love (remind you of Ana?). Well apparantly Guy didn't quite feel the same way. He had met Girl 2. When Girl 1 saw Guy kissing Girl 2, she got mad. But Girl 2 didn't seem to care. Niether did Guy. In his eyes, he had done nothing wrong.

This is true for both girls and guys. Where they see love as any kind of attraction. What many teens want out of love is spit-swapping and to get physical. Most guys go around boasting who they made out with, and what base they got to. Girls go around twirling their hair and seeing how many guys they can get to follow them around like puppies.

None of this is okay. Why do we have "young love"? Why can't we just have "serious, adult love", where we have ONE PERMENATE relationship til the day we die? When a teen says that they're in love, 90% of the time it isn't true, and everything ends in heartbreak.

So, moral of all this: don't be a jerk. And this goes to girls as well as guys!

on Oct. 3 2014 at 10:51 pm

---Psalms 8:3-4

You're very welcome! I'm so glad that you enjoy my writing! And I agree-- there is young love, if it's true love.

on Oct. 3 2014 at 9:47 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

True. -_- Let's all, not be a jerk. It's not impossible for there to be young love. It just has to be true love. But so many people have gotten confused on what love is, and have been using them for almost, always their own needs. Love is passionate, true, loyal, good, raw and willing to sacrifice. And so many other things, but this is already a long comment and I don't want to make this very, very long. Haha. You're right. Most of the time, when they say that their in love; it's almost, always not true. But some of them are telling the truth. It's just that that "some" are very few, and no wonder. Many people have gotten confused on what love really is. Thank you so, so so much for sharing this. I love it. You really have a talent and greatness in you. Thank you again. :)