Be Positive, Be Lovable | Teen Ink

Be Positive, Be Lovable

By lidhuerta SILVER, Lleida, Other
lidhuerta SILVER, Lleida, Other

"Pursue your dreams"

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tzu,
I must definitely agree, but is it all that love gives you positive? I frankly doubt that.

First of all, that is because we, humans, cannot control our feeling towards another human being. As in feelings, I mean pure obsessing love.  I sure know that love is the answer to all our problems but isn’t it the main cause of them all? General Wise. Moreover, love has always moved barriers; it has made people change into good and into bad. Love can be both, it can be good, it can even work as a remedy for your own personal problems and make you have a brighter perspective of life, yet sadly it can also be extremely bad for you. It can be horrible for your every day routine since a slight change of mood given to love reasons can turn an awesome day into a not so awesome one.

As bad as it sounds it is true, and if you are honest with yourself you will agree.

However, as I said before, we are just human beings and we do not own a switch that can turn us into emotionless beings. But to be fair I think that’d be the most amazing invention ever.

Just create something that won’t make us feel attached to another person, something that even when we are in love we don’t have to feel the unwelcome sides of it, like jealousy, misunderstandings, fear of losing that person and so on. Maybe it has yet to be created, but I’m pretty sure humans would abuse of it, because that’s us, we take advantage of the newest inventions, not only that but we abuse of what we have. For instance, our planet, we’ve been contaminating our planet in a way that has never been seen, our human race has turned so selfish that even though we are aware of the fact that we are damaging our only place to live, we are still doing it. Humans have been doing that with inventions, we abuse of its use. Let’s take cell phones as an example, they were created to make us live a more organized life, to be able to call each other and stay in touch and it was good until then. Then smart phones came along, great invention for some. Smart phones have been making me feel useless lately. Even if we do not realize, we spend almost the whole day with our cell phone, either inside our pockets or on our hands for fear of losing it or getting it stolen. We spend hours talking to people through messages, I admit it.

And honestly, are we really interested on what our friends or people we barely know are doing? Or is it that our late generations are just feeling lonelier than ever before? Could it be one of the main reasons why we are so afraid of losing someone? Losing a cell phone? Not having a computer?

Is that what makes us be so vulnerable and dependable of other human beings? Is that what makes us feel the need to buy more inventions?

Our life is passing by, every minute; every hour we spend should make a difference in our life, and should be taking us where we really want to be tomorrow. Our generation needs to have dreams again, illusions, goals and brighter perspective of life otherwise we are just going to end up making humanity worse. WE need to disconnect, from cell phones, from the computer, from every electronic device that can make us interact online. We need to get our asses off our couch, our office or wherever we are and we need to take a walk. A relaxed walk, observe things around, actually THINK with our brain, maybe even talk to whoever is sitting on a bench next to us, smile at someone while riding the bus or even helping someone who’s asking for money on the streets. THAT will fill our souls with joy. THAT will really make us be positive, and being positive is definitely the answer for our problems. NOT love.

Even though we are humans, and it is an impossible task for us to control what we feel, we still can be happy, with or without the person we love and that is because WE’VE GOT A BRAIN AND A HEART not just a heart. We can use them both and see what is better for us, is it better to miss going to school because you balled your eyes out for someone the day before? Or is it better to go socialize, let your friends talk to you into being better off alone and learn new things? Is it better to drink alcohol all day because you are depressed about that someone or is it better to just go to a SPA and relax, think about what you could’ve done wrong so you won’t do it in your next relationship? Because truth is, if a person is meant to be with you that person will eventually be yours, that person will accept your flaws and help you improve them.

Keep in mind that love was not meant for us to suffer, it was meant for us to enjoy, to meet a new part of us that we’d never seen before, and it was created for us to be braver, stronger and to feel beautiful. There’s no better feeling that finding someone who loves you as much as you love him/her, this means that you should do whatever is on your hands to  make that person happy and vice versa, that really is the purpose of love.
Why should you be jealous if you know that the person LOVES you? Why should you be worried if that person is out there having fun without you? Does that person have to be 24h thinking of you? Definitely not.

In addition, let’s no confuse love with obsession. LET’S make our generation more lovable, social and happier!

So here’s the main question: How can we be happy?

Here’s the main answer: BE POSSITIVE, SOCIABLE, KIND, NICE, BE FUN AND A HAPPY PERSON TO BE AROUND WITH and I assure you will not be alone.

I don't think we deserve to cry over someone, we deserve to smile because it happened.