True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

By infinitskies BRONZE, Beijing, Other
infinitskies BRONZE, Beijing, Other

I don't believe in fate. I don't believe in destiny. I don't believe in it all. But most of all, I don't believe in True Love. Most of the rubbish you find in books or the internet is FAKE. Thus the name "FICTION". The chances of there being true love in real life is about 0.000000000001%. Your chances are SOOO high. Of course, there IS still a chance, but not much of a big chance. They say love is a beautiful thing, but is there even love in the first place?

I bet most guys date girls because of their looks, then leave those who are too skinny or too fat to rot in the sand. Of course, being a girl myself, I wouldn't know how true that was, but from my experience, being only 13, all the guys only date the popular girls, the ones who look perfect, the ones who do everything perfectly. Then the ones who AREN'T popular just sit there looking enviously at the scenes unfold. The girls who weren't popular who managed to get to date someone became popular. The girls who dumped their boyfriends became notorious. But, and you're still missing the fundamental point here, THERE IS NO TRUE LOVE HERE. It's ALL just a silly game they're playing on theirselves.

But then again, what do I know about love? I've never experienced it before, only seen it in movies and tv shows and animes and books and etc. so I don't really know what it's like to be in love.

It's quite sad what people do for "Love", even when they know somewhere deep in their hearts that it's obviously FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE (I've repeated that 5 times to prove my point...I think)

Actually, I HAVE had experience with love. Once. I had confessed to a person I liked. Yeah, like I would tell you. Anyways, I was strongly rejected. That time, I was 12, so like a year ago, and I would do anything, anything at all, for Love. Only to have the truth revealed to me. Right in the face. Now, I have seen people confess, and people accept that confession, and I admit, it IS quite beautiful to watch people in love. I do admit. But that doesn't make love true! And until I feel it with my own heart, I will NEVER, EVER believe in such a fickle thing as love.

Thank You

I wanted to write this because I've seen so much love in my life, and done so much out of "Love", only to realize that it wasn't love at all, so I wanted to share with all my "friends" and show them the "true" meaning of this foul word...